All-STARS Buddy Days
Your first step toward Healthy Change!
Come have fun with us and learn if All-STARS is right for you. Buddy Days are free and open to anyone interested in becoming an Athlete or Mentor for All-STARS. Each event will offer a fun fitness workout, a healthy recipe handout, and a healthy snack.
All Athlete participants must be accompanied by a guardian or caregiver. Guardians are invited to participate in the fitness workout.
We have partnered with 24 Hour Fitness to offer All-STARS 2017. We will select 12 All-STARS for each program this Spring. All-STARS is ideal for the person who has the initiative to learn how to make healthy choices, can dedicate one day a week to attend TEAM workouts, and can dedicate one day a week to working out with their Mentor.
All-STARS will teach Athletes and their guardians about healthy nutrition, encourage them to move their bodies every day, and help them find the fun in fitness and healthy eating. The goal of All-STARS is to decrease the risk of obesity and inspire each Athlete to be healthy and fit every day of their life. We want our Athletes to become independent in choosing healthy foods. We want our Athletes to be capable of doing all the things their bodies are meant to do for as long as they live. We want our Athletes to feel like they belong and know what to do when they walk through the front door of 24 Hour Fitness.
To join the Healthy Me community as an All-STAR, Athletes and their guardian must agree to attend the majority of the TEAM Workouts and provide transportation as needed. Once enrolled, each Athlete will be matched with a Mentor for a one-to-one weekly workout to help them achieve their fitness and nutrition goals.
Athletes will receive:
- 3 month membership to any 24 Hour Fitness in Colorado
- Fitness Mentor to work out with once a week
- Personal Fitness Assessment and Measurements in March and May
- One on One goal setting session
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Fitness schedules and challenges
- Food Journal to track foods in a fun, easy way
- Nutrition education
- Weekly group workouts led by a certified personal trainer
Parents and Guardians will receive:
- Option to join 24 Hour Fitness and have access to every club in Colorado for $40 per month
- Monthly Nutrition Education
- One on One goal setting session with your Athlete
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Small group nutrition consultation for a personalized approach to creating healthy nutrition at home
Tuition – $300
Healthy Me Ambassadors
Our Ambassador program gives people with developmental disabilities the opportunity to volunteer for public speaking engagements, leadership roles at events, and to co-teach fitness classes. Athletes who participate in Healthy Me All-STARS for a minimum of one year will have the opportunity to apply to be an Ambassador.